Beirut Explosion Crisis Appeal
The massive explosion in Beirut on 4th August has killed over 200 people, injured thousands more and left half of the city destroyed. People have lost loved ones, their homes and livelihoods. In a country already struggling to deal with the effects of COVID-19, political instability and an ongoing economic crisis this will have devastating effects for the most vulnerable and marginalised older people and their families who live there.
Please donate today to help older people living in Beirut who may otherwise be forgotten.
Yes, I want to donate:
In the aftermath of emergencies like this, older people are often forgotten. However, they need aid specially adapted to their needs, for example food packages and shelters that that are accessible to everyone and healthcare specifically targeted at geriatric conditions.
Our partners are already on the ground, working to assess the impact of the explosion on older people and how best to respond to the crisis over the coming weeks and months.
A donation today could help to provide:
- Aid which is accessible to older people, for example, available to people without having to stand in long queues and that’s easy to carry and open
- Cash support so older people can buy food and shelter
- Healthcare targeted at geriatric conditions
- Walking sticks, glasses and other essentials that older people may have lost in the explosion
- Advice and training for other agencies and organisations working in the city to help make their aid more accessible to older people and people with disabilities
Any unspent funds raised will be used to support emergency programmes benefiting older people throughout the world.