Programme Development and Funding Officer
Post Location: London
Proposed salary: £30,000 to £36,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time (35 hours)
Post/ Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 05/07/2017
Ref No: 1801
Age International’s vision is of a world in which women and men everywhere can lead dignified, healthy and secure lives as they grow older. Age International is a subsidiary charity of Age UK and the only UK charity working for and with older people in developing countries, and part of a global network, HelpAge. We’re here to help older people in developing countries by reducing poverty, improving health, protecting rights and responding to emergencies.
We are recruiting a Programme Development and Funding Officer to act as a global focal point on key donor accounts, and to support a specific regional team across the programme funding cycle, for both development and humanitarian work. This will span donor research, project design and development, proposal and report writing, the maintenance of grant management systems, and the training and capacity building of staff and Network Members.
- A good understanding of international development and global ageing
- Experience of working with, and experience of securing funds from, institutional donors, such as DFID, the European Commission and/or other major bilateral/ multilateral donors, or trusts and foundations
- Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment
- Ability to manage and develop project proposals
- Experience of developing, reviewing and coordinating the submission of donor reports
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing fundraising strategies and plans
The post requires some international travel.
In return we offer an excellent benefit package including Pension Scheme, Health Cash Plan, Childcare Vouchers and more.
Download the job pack for more information
All recruitment is run via our partner charity Age UK. Click the link below to apply via the Age UK careers website.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Stay in the loop by signing up for our emails (below) or by following @age_int on twitter or LinkedIn.