Asekon is the sole carer for nine orphaned children and she also looks after her two great-grandchildren. Like many grandparents, Asekon has no pension and struggles to earn a living to feed herself and her family.
By giving as little as 16p a day, you could help older people like Asekon access life-saving essentials like food, clothes and shelter. Give now, and help to ease their burden.
What your monthly gift could achieve
100 million older people are struggling to survive on less than 60p a day. Your donations could help:
- Give older people low-interest loans so they can set up small businesses to help themselves and their families
- Give out cash so older people can spend money on what they need
- Carry out free cataract operations
- Get older people to health clinics
- Feed older people in day centres
- Set up Older People’s Associations so older people can meet other older people and feel less isolated