Help older people live better lives
Today, 100 million older people struggle to survive on less than 60p a day. Please, help us to make life better for older people in some of the poorest countries in the world.
A donation from you could:
Older people like Karunaratnam need our help
Karunaratnam from Sri Lanka must continue working to feed himself and his family – but he is slowly losing his sight to cataracts and suffers everyday with back pain and arthritis, which makes it difficult for him to work.
Age International is helping Karunaratnam with regular check-ups, free medicine, and a cataract operation to restore his sight. Last summer, when his village was hit by severe drought, we made sure the family got an emergency food package.
Who is Age International?
Age International is a charity dedicated to the needs and rights of older people in developing countries – we focus on helping older people get the vital services they need in some of the poorest countries around the world.
How could my donation help an older person?
Your donations could help:
- Give older people loans so they can set up small businesses to help themselves and their families
- Help older people access the pension they are entitled to
- Carry out free cataract operations and provide glasses, walking sticks, hearing aids and wheelchairs
- Help older people travel to health clinics and get essential medicines or bring the health clinic to older people when they’re too frail to travel
- Provide age-friendly aid when emergencies strike
- Champion the rights of older people so they are recognised and valued within their families and communities
Your donations will be used to support Age International’s work worldwide where the need is greatest.