Senior Media Officer
We are currently recruiting a Senior Media Officer to develop and implement PR strategies that build the profile of both Age UK and Age International in the UK.
|SALARY RANGE||£32,000.00 - £36,000.00|
|WORKING PATTERN||5 days per week|
|WEEKLY HOURS||35 hours|
The core focus of this role is to deliver high quality media coverage for the Charity’s international work through its subsidiary, Age International. In addition you will also be responsible for promoting Age UK's services and providing media guidance for local Age UKs as required.
Age International is a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) and you will lead Age International’s media response as part of this important coalition.
The role will involve developing and delivering media strategies for these core areas, building strong relationships with journalists, editors and broadcasters and playing a key part in the media team.
You will come from a media environment and have a strong track record of delivering high quality coverage. You will also have excellent writing and communications skills and be adept at spotting opportunities for attracting the media’s attention.
- Experience of working in a media or PR environment and of working with journalists, particularly international correspondents.
- Experience of working on national consumer PR campaigns and delivering brand-building media coverage.
- Extensive experience of working with the UK media to drive awareness of international development work for an NGO.
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and working on cross-divisional and cross-organisational initiatives
- Experience of working with case studies and dealing with potentially sensitive stories.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the media, especially UK media covering international aid issues and promoting fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to contribute creative ideas, digest information and translate into stories.
- Good organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritise workloads, manage competing demands and work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to think strategically and to develop and implement media strategies to deliver a range of objectives.
- Requirement to work out of hours and to be available at weekends and on bank holidays.
- Occasional requirement to travel and overnight stays.
What we can offer you
Age UK staff enjoy a wide range of benefits, including a competitive pension, health cover, fantastic training and development opportunities, over 5 weeks holiday a year and family-friendly policies.
Download the job pack
Please refer to the full job pack before applying for this position.
Apply via Age UK website
To apply for one of our open positions, please click the 'apply now' button listed within the job ad. You will then complete your application on the Age UK jobs website.