Senior Media Officer
We are currently recruiting a Senior Media Officer to develop and implement PR strategies that build the profile of both Age UK and Age International in the UK.
|SALARY RANGE||£33,000.00 - £36,000.00|
|WORKING PATTERN||5 days per week|
|WEEKLY HOURS||35 hours|
The core focus of this role is to deliver high-quality media coverage for the Charity’s international work through its subsidiary, Age International. Additionally, you will be responsible for promoting Age UK's services and providing media support for local Age UKs as required.
- Have experience of working in a media or PR environment and of working with journalists
- Be innovative, resourceful and persistent, with a strong track record of delivering high volume/quality media coverage, ideally for international development or ageing issues or consumer PR
- Have worked collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and on cross-team initiatives
- Be highly organised with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write articles and high-quality copy for a range of audiences.
- Have experience working with case studies and of dealing with potentially sensitive stories
- Have the ability to understand issues that affect older people
- Undertake other necessary tasks, including news desk and on-call duties within the Charity’s press office
- Requirement to work out of hours and to be available at weekends and on bank holidays.
- Occasional requirement to travel and overnight stays.
What we can offer you
Age UK staff enjoy a wide range of benefits, including a competitive pension, health cover, fantastic training and development opportunities, over 5 weeks holiday a year and family-friendly policies.
Download the job pack
Please refer to the full job pack before applying for this position.
Apply via Age UK website
To apply for one of our open positions, please click the 'apply now' button listed within the job ad. You will then complete your application on the Age UK jobs website.