Leave a gift in your Will
What will your legacy be?
By including Age International in your Will, you could transform the lives of older people in some of the poorest communities in the world. After your loved ones have been provided for, you can pass on gifts of immeasurable value, like securing an older person’s right to health and happiness, to respect and dignity.
The legacy you leave could give them the chance to live their later years the way they want to. In turn, they will have their own lasting legacy to pass on to future generations, creating a better world for all.
How to leave a gift in your Will
It is incredibly generous of you to consider supporting us in this way and we appreciate any gift you may choose to leave us after taking care of your loved ones.
If you have not already written a Will, then we would recommend that you speak to a qualified professional such as a solicitor to create one. If you already have a Will and you wish to include a gift to Age International in it, there may not be any need to rewrite it. You can ask your solicitor to add an amendment (called a codicil).
If you choose to remember Age International in your Will, there are three main types of gift you can leave:
- a fixed sum of money (a pecuniary gift)
- a named item (a specific gift)
- a share of what’s left of your estate once you have provided for your loved ones (a residuary gift).
Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the different types of gift you can leave and the suggested legal wording in our legacy guide will assist your solicitor in drawing up or amending your will to include your gift to our vital work.
Find out how you can give the gift that matters most.
When you make a promise to us, we make these promises to you...
- We appreciate that your loved ones are your first priority in your Will, and we would never try to persuade you otherwise.
- We will use your gift respectfully, carefully and cost effectively, so it has the greatest impact according to your wishes.
- We understand that any information you give is not legally binding, and we recognise your right to change your mind at any time.
We lost all our belongings when we fled Myanmar. I feel bad when I remember about our land. Any day I may die and I would never again see the soil where I was born. We are thankful to space like this which makes us feel we have a family.
Would you like more information?
Our friendly legacy team is able to answer any questions you may have about leaving a gift in your will. Simply phone 0800 032 0699 and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org